The original MacDonald Veterinarian Hospital was established in a two family house located around the corner from our building on Granby St. in Bloomfield, CT. This house was built in 1895, and a three three car garage was added in 1900.
For almost 25 years the MacDonald brothers; Dr. Alvin R. MacDonald and Dr. William M. MacDonald practiced veterinary animal healthcare to the pets of Bloomfield, Ct and surrounding towns in a two family house.
As the town of Bloomfield, Ct expanded, with an increase of businesses and residential homes and a growing economy, the demand for veterinary animal care amongst pet owners increased as well. It was at this time the MacDonald brothers decided it was best to move their vet practice into a bigger building with more space, a bigger parking lot, and the necessary accomodations for pet owners and their pets.
MacDonald Veterinary Hospital was then built in 1970 at 267 Cottage Grove Rd. located in the town of Bloomfield, CT. This is where we are still located and will continue to achieve high standards and excellent animal healthcare for your pets.